TRichView: Text and Paragraph Attributes
TRichView supports the following character attributes:
- font name, size (in half-points), style;
- text color and text background color;
- subscripts and superscripts;
- horizontal characters scaling (without changing their height);
- custom inter-character spacing;
- bi-directional text flow mode;
- anti-aliasing mode;
- customizable underlines, overlines, strike-out lines.
Hypertext links have additional attributes:
- color of text and background under the mouse cursor;
- underline under the mouse cursor;
- custom hypertext cursor.
TRichView supports the following paragraph attributes:
- alignment: left, right, center, justify* and distribute**;
- special alignment for last lines of justified and distributed paragraphs;
- left and right indents, first line indent;
- additional spacing before and after paragraphs;
- tab stops (left/right/centered, with an optional leader);
- custom line spacing;
- colored background with specified padding and opacity;
- borders of several styles;
- bi-directional text flow mode.
* aligns text to both left and right sides, adding space between words if necessary
** aligns text to both left and right sides, adding space between characters if necessary; this alignment type is useful for East Asian scripts which do not use space characters to separate words (such as Chinese); not supported in FireMonkey version
TRichView provides several events for custom drawing of text, paragraph background, checkpoints and page breaks.